Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update 2: Revenge of the Black Nerd

Tomorrow, April 2nd, marks the opening of "IDIOT BOX", a group show that I am a part of at GALLERY 1988 LA that is honoring the guilty pleasures of television. The event is going to be insane, i have seen a handful of the pieces and they are incredible, and to top it all off, you can share a beer with Mr. Fucking BELDING, who is hosting the thing!
Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to make it to the opening, but I will definitely be there in spirit, as GALLERY 1988 is releasing a super-limited edition print of my "S.Urkel Jerk" Piece that I contributed for the show.
The print is 16" x 20", limited to an edition of 30, and the price is ridiculously low (i'm not 100% sure on the price, but the gallery will know;).

I really wish i could go down there. 1988 usually does some rad shows, partly because they are right next store to Golden Apple Comics so it turns into a huge party of art, nerds and booze and it's amazing.



INFO FOR SHOW:
"IDIOT BOX"
@ GALLERY 1988 LA
Corner of Melrose and LaBrea
April 2nd, from 7pm-11pm
Free, all ages, etc.





And, additionally, the gallery, along with GELASKINS, is doing something really cool. They took the Urkel image and made a bunch of skins for random devices, like iphones, macbooks, etc, and are giving out about 100 of them FOR FREE! So get there early and maybe grab one for me;)

Check em out:












And lastly, if you missed the TELEVISED MESSY BIRTH OF THIS NERD, here it is:






Thank you all.
Word.