Monday, June 17, 2013

#THISISTHEEND Contest!

If you saw the greatest comedy movie ever this weekend, where a bunch of handsomely cuddly funnymen hole themselves up in a giant fancy house and fight off fancy demon rapists of biblical proportions while discovering why true friendship is important, then you either sat at home and watched a VHS bootleg of my favorite episode of The Hardy Boys Mysteries, or you saw Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg's "THIS IS THE END"!!

If it was the latter (which it fucking well SHOULD be), then amongst the gut clenching laughs and silly giggles, you may have noticed that a few of my paintings (as well as some amazing other artists like Os Gemeos, Ron English, Shepard Fairey, and more) scattered throughout the set, some that even got destroyed and used for shelter. There's not many words I can express for how I felt when Seth, Evan and the production art team approached me about using my art in the movie. But the best way to describe it, is the "opposite of getting forcefully titty-fucked". The universe that this particular group of comedians and writers has created and evolved over the course of 10 years is ridiculously admirable and one of the funniest, most insane worlds to be able to witness as a fan of laughter and absurdity. So I freaked out with joy at the opportunity, even if the paintings never got any screen time. I just got to live vicariously as a fly on the wall in the form of a painting, and it was exciting.

So, that being said, if you saw any of my paintings in the film and took note, you're ahead of the game in this case. If not, or if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for????? Go see it so you can win this contest!
It's easy!
All you have to do is make mental note of where/when particularly the following 4 (FOUR) paintings of mine appear in the film. They are all slightly obscured but if you know what to look for it's easy! Keep in mind where the paintings appear in the film and email your answers to me. The first 10 people to email the correct answers will receive a pack of signed 8" x 10" prints of ALL FOUR of these images for FREE! (I'm sorry, U.S.A. only, due to shipping restrictions).
All you have to do is describe where and when you noticed them in the film. I'll know what you are talking about. No need to take screenshots, since you shouldn't have your phone on in the movie anyway, that's a dick move! And I won't accept simply "James Franco's house" since the whole movie takes place there.
So yah, have fun watching the movie a million times to find them!!! Contest specifics below.



Here's the details:
1. Go watch "THIS IS THE END".
2. While laughing, pay attention to the backgrounds and look for THESE 4 PAINTINGS (in 4 separate locations) and take mental note or write down.
3. Send an email to Mr.AlexPardee@gmail.com describing where they were in the movie, along with your name and mailing address (USA ONLY).
4. If you hear back from me, you'll get some free prints. If you don't hear back from me by the time I post on Instagram or Twitter (@alexpardee) that the contest is over, then you didn't win but I really appreciate your eyeballs and your email.

Hopefully see you in a sequel when James Franco builds a new house!

Trailer for THIS IS THE END: